Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $17.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Good condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA bittersweet vel about re-inventing yourself from the author of THE STARTER MARRIAGE. Shy, sweet-natured Lucy Collins is used to being pushed around. For the first eighteen years of her life, her widowed mother Judith ruled the roost. Now Lucy's husband, her seven-year-old daughter and even Buster the cat boss her about. But her mother's premature death leaves Lucy an orphan at the age of thirty-five. She's devastated...but she's also free. After a lifetime of being a disappointment to everyone, is it finally time Lucy grew up? As she clears out her mother's rambling house, Lucy discovers a trunk full of memories...her mother, grandmother and great-grandmother were all Brown Owls: capable, -nsense matriarchs who were the leading lights of the Girl Guide movement. They spent their spare time preparing the next generation for their roles as wives and mothers with a mixture of campfire songs, sew-on badges and reef kts. But could the old values and frontier spirit w hold the key to help Lucy make the changes she needs in her life?
- Author BiographyBefore becoming a novelist, Kate Harrison worked for a news agency, reporting mainly for the national tabloids. She then moved to the BBC where she was a reporter in regional news in Bristol and Birmingham, producer on NEWSROUND, and worked on PANORAMA and other investigative/consumer shows and documentaries. Kate Harrison writes fiction and non-fiction: her novels include The Secret Shopper's Revenge, Brown Owl's Guide to Life and the Soul Beach thriller trilogy, her young adult series. She's also the author of the bestselling The 5:2 Diet Book, plus three other 5:2 Books. Visit Kate's website at kate-harrison.com, follow her on Twitter at https://twitter.com/katewritesbooks and Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/katewritesbooks and watch her Youtube channel at http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL961FBF0F8A8CE2B2&feature=view_all. Visit the Soul Beachwebsite at http://www.soulbeach.org, the Soul Fire website at http://burningtruths.com and follow Soul Beach on Twitter at https://twitter.com/onsoulbeach and Pinterest at http://pinterest.com/katewritesbooks/the-dream-soul-beach-cast-list. Learn more with http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=auJWC-o-RiY.
- Author(s)Kate Harrison
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication14/12/2006
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Weight279 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.68
- AU $73.18Trending at AU $78.64
- AU $27.07Trending at AU $30.27
- AU $44.26Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.44
- AU $45.19Trending at AU $46.03
- AU $20.59Trending at AU $22.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.