Brand newLOWEST PRICE
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSpiced with stories of family and friends, sweetened by memories of holidays and celebratory meals, Brown Sugar is a slice of life from African American communities across the country. In this collection of recipes and tales, Joyce White passes along generations of kitchen wisdom and dessert favorites, as well as fresh and creative variations on classic sweets.From the wedding reception-ready Coconut Peach lake to the simple joy of Gingered Tropical Fruits, these are desserts for any occasion. The flavors are comforting and festive, as are the many poignant stories that White shares. A sublime Sweet Potato Cheesecake is passed along from a hardworking mother in California, while Three Sisters Coconut Pie is White's composite of three good friends' favorite pie recipes, each reflecting their unique backgrounds. The results are at once invative and familiar.Whether you are looking to make the perfect Lemon Meringue Pie or to preserve summer fruit, these recipes will satisfy your sweet tooth and add heirloom-quality recipes to your collection. The complex flavors of Star Anise Peach Ice Cream and West Indian Christmas Cake are within reach of any home cook, thanks to White's masterful guidance and the tips and cook's secrets that she provides. White's recipes encourage creativity, offering suggestions for variations as well as a solid foundation for your own soul-inspired sweets.Brown Sugar is warm, memorable, and universal, and you will be eager to share its recipes and stories, to create your own sweet memories.
- Author(s)Joyce White
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication21/03/2003
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content NoteReinforced binding Reinforced binding Reinforced binding
- Weight780 g
- Width197 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsLibrary binding
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $37.79Trending at AU $38.65
- AU $43.75Trending at AU $48.95
- AU $38.00Trending at AU $61.11
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $25.18
- AU $16.59Trending at AU $18.81
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.06
- AU $37.24Trending at AU $38.19
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.