All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe fields of study in which random fluctuations arise and cant be igred are as disparate and numerous as there are synyms for the word ise. In the nearly two centuries following the discovery of what has come to be kwn as Brownian motion, named in homage to botanist Robert Brown, scientists, engineers, financial analysts, mathematicians, and literary authors have posited theories, created models, and composed literary works which have accounted for environmental ise. This volume offers a glimpse into the ways in which Brownian motion has crept into a myriad of fields of study through fifteen distinct chapters written by mathematicians, physicists, and other scholars. The intent is to especially highlight the vastness of scholarly work that explains various facets of Nature made possible by one scientist's curiosity sparked by observing sporadic movement of specks of pollen under a microscope in a 19th century laboratory.
- PublisherNova Science Publishers Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2015
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNova Science Publishers Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight706 g
- Width180 mm
- Height260 mm
- Edited byMark A. McKibben,Micah Webster
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.53
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
- AU $76.88Trending at AU $78.43
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.