All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionEdited by Geoffrey Stonier.
John Brown (1722-1787) first produced his Bible dictionary in 1769. Two further editions in his life time remained in print for 100 years until 1869. Geoffrey Stonier has taken all of Brown's references to individuals from his dictionary to produce a new volume - Brown's Dictionary of Bible Characters.
Brown was above all, a bible theologian, so this volume is eminiently Christ-centred, making it a useful resource for gospel preacher's.
He has gathered all the significant Bible names, giving salient facts, and providing many provocative thoughts by way of application. The range of characters is vast, and sometimes surprising. Jesus obviously, is t missing but neither are characters like the anitchrist.
Once you start to dig into these pages you will discover spark and fire - names previously skipped over develop special relevance. Brown's work demonstrates that we can miss priceless information that could make our kwledge of God's grace in redemption so much more vibrant.
- Author(s)John Brown
- PublisherChristian Focus Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication08/05/2008
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationTain
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChristian Heritage
- Weight871 g
- Width144 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine40 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.