Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
About this product
- DescriptionThis set contains the latest edition of the world-rewned Browse's Introduction to the Symptoms & Signs of Surgical Disease together with its companion Browse's Introduction to the Investigation and Management of Surgical Disease. It provides complete coverage of the surgical curriculum at the undergraduate level and is also an ideal companion for candidates in preparation for MRCS and equivalent postgraduate examinations. Browse's Introduction to the Symptoms & Signs of Surgical Disease Written for medical students and junior doctors, the fifth edition of this essential textbook has been fully revised and updated, including additional illustrations and photographs. The text teaches the clinical symptoms and signs of surgical disease, stressing the importance of a thorough history and bedside examination. Presenting the symptoms and signs in a formalized, systematic manner, it describes in detail the techniques of clinical examination, enabling students to elicit key symptoms and make sound clinical decisions. Browse's Introduction to the Investigation and Management of Surgical Disease This volume provides clear insight into how the pathological features and extent of disease dictate necessary diagstic investigations and treatment. The content is highly structured, with each chapter divided into three sections: * Relevant Pathology provides a brief description of the important pathological features of the disease relevant to the clinical diagsis, investigations, and treatment * Investigations covers significant clinical findings, including radiological, biochemical, haematological, immulogical, pathological, and genetic * Treatment reviews all aspects of management Other key features include more than 300 high-quality clinical photographs and 60 color line drawings to enhance textual explanations, as well as learning and review boxes to aid understanding and provide a tool for self-assessment. The book is essential reading for all medical students undertaking a surgical rotation or preparing for their surgical exams.
- Author BiographyNorman L. Browse KT MD FRCS FRCP Professor of Surgery, Emeritus, University of London, UK Honorary Consulting Surgeon, St Thomas' Hospital, London, UK Past-President, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK John Black MD FRCS Consultant Surgeon, Worcester Royal Hospital, UK President, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK Kevin G. Burnand MS FRCS MBBS Professor of Vascular Surgery, Emeritus, and Former Chairman of the Academic Department of Surgery and Anaesthesia in the Cardiovascular Division of King's College at the St Thomas' Campus, London, UK Honorary Consultant Surgeon, Guy's and St Thomas' NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK Steven A. Corbett BSc PhD FRCS FRCS(Tr&Orth) Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon, Guy's and St Thomas' Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, London, UK William E. G. Thomas MS FRCS Consultant Surgeon, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust; Honorary Senior Lecturer in Surgery, University of Sheffield, UK Vice President and Member of Council, Royal College of Surgeons of England, London, UK
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication18/12/2014
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2585 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine48 mm
- Edited byJohn Black,Kevin G. Burnand,Norman L. Browse,Steven A. Corbett,William E. G. Thomas
- Contained items statementContains Paperback and Book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.