All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionOne of Hollywood's biggest personalities, Bruce Dern is t afraid to say what he thinks. He has left an indelible mark on numerous projects, from critically acclaimed films to made-for-TV movies and television series. His table credits include The Great Gatsby (1974), The 'Burbs (1989), Monster (2003), Django Unchained (2012), and Nebraska (2013), for which he won the Best Actor award at the 2013 Cannes Film Festival. He also earned Oscar minations for Best Supporting Actor in Coming Home (1978) and for Best Actor in Nebraska (2013).
In Bruce Dern: A Memoir, Christopher Fryer and Robert Crane help the outspoken star frame the fascinating tale of his life in Hollywood. Dern details the challenges he faced as an artist in a cutthroat business, his struggle against typecasting, and his thoughts on and relationships with other big names in the industry, including Elia Kazan, Alfred Hitchcock, Jack Nicholson, Paul Newman, Bob Dylan, Matt Damon, Jane Fonda, John Wayne, and Tom Hanks. He also explores the impact of his fame on his family and discusses his unique relationship with his daughter, actress Laura Dern.
Edgy and uncensored, this memoir takes readers on a wild ride, offering an insider's view of the last fifty years in Hollywood.
- Author BiographyBruce Dern is an Academy Award, Golden Globe, and Emmy nominated actor who has appeared in dozens of films, including They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969), The Cowboys (1972), and Nebraska (2013), and starred in the successful HBO series Big Love.
Robert Crane is coauthor of My Life as a Mankiewicz: An Insider's Journey through Hollywood and Jack Nicholson: The Early Years.
Christopher Fryer is coauthor of Jack Nicholson: The Early Years.
- Author(s)Bruce Dern
- PublisherThe University Press of Kentucky
- Date of Publication30/09/2014
- SubjectAutobiography: The Arts
- Series TitleScreen Classics
- Place of PublicationLexington
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintThe University Press of Kentucky
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight449 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.