All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBru Latour stirs things up. Latour began as a lover of science and techlogy, co-founder of actor-network theory, and philosopher of a modernity that had never been modern. In the meantime he is regarded t just as one of the most intelligent-and also popular-exponents of science studies but also as a major invator of the social sciences, an exemplary wanderer who walks the line between the sciences and the humanities. This book provides the first comprehensive overview of the Latourian oeuvre, from his early anthropological studies in Abidjan (Ivory Coast), to influential books like Laboratory Life and Science in Action, and his most recent reflections on an empirical metaphysics of modes of existence. In the course of this enquiry it becomes clear that the basic problem to which Latour's work responds is that of social tradition, the transmission of experience and kwledge. What this empirical philosopher constantly grapples with is the complex relationship of kwledge, time, and culture.
- Author BiographyHenning Schmidgen is Professor of Media Studies at the Bauhaus University in Weimar, Germany. Gloria Custance lives and works as a translator in Berlin, Germany.
- Author(s)Henning Schmidgen
- PublisherFordham University Press
- Date of Publication15/10/2014
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Series TitleForms of Living
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFordham University Press
- Weight3 g
- Width155 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Translated byGloria Custance
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.