All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSchneider's thorough research and vivid writing create a fast-paced, moving story, one that is difficult to believe and impossible to forget. The New York Times Book Review A gripping survival epic, Brutal Journey tells the story of an army of would-be conquerors, bound for glory, who landed in Florida in 1528. But only four of the four hundred would survive: eight years and some five thousand miles later, three Spaniards and a black Moroccan wandered out of the wilderness to the rth of the Rio Grande and into Cortes's gold-drenched Mexico. The survivors of the Narvaez expedition brought thing back other than their story, but what a tale it was. They had become killers and cannibals, torturers and torture victims, slavers and enslaved. They became faith healers, arms dealers, cae thieves, spider eaters. They became, in other words, whatever it took to stay alive.
- Author BiographyPaul Schneider, author of the highly praised and successful The Adirondacks (0-8050-5990-3), a New York Times Book Review Notable Book, and The Enduring Shore (0-8050-6734-5), lives with his wife and son in Martha's Vineyard.
- Author(s)Paul Schneider
- PublisherOwl Books (NY)
- Date of Publication01/05/2007
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOwl Books (NY)
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width140 mm
- Height213 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $89.84
- AU $24.97Trending at AU $34.84
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.37
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $34.59
- AU $39.51Trending at AU $40.01
- AU $40.67Trending at AU $41.16
- AU $36.57Trending at AU $37.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.