All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHere begins a tale of Eliza, who wants to become a swashbuckling hero, and Lavender, who dreams of being a fairy-tale princess. When Lavender casts a spell to make herself tiny, becoming a giant's birthday present was never part of her plan. Unfortunately, this giant loves dolls' houses and isn't letting her new toys out of her sight. Can Eliza and Lavender come up with a cunning plan to escape? Where have all the gentle giants gone? Is Lavender really magical? How many socks can their goat, Gertrude, actually eat? And what's for dinner? This book might answer these questions, but then again it might t ...A brilliantly funny quirky story for fans of How to Train Your Dragon and Mr Gum.
- Author BiographySarah Courtauld is a fresh and funny new voice in children's fiction. She won the Funny Women Comedy Writing Award in 2012 and the BAFTA/Rocliffe New Writing Forum 2012, judged by a panel including Jennifer Saunders and Chris Addison. She also does stand-up and improv, as well as working part-time as writer for Usborne Children's Books. Her debut novel, Buckle and Squash and the Monstrous Moat-Dragon was selected as the winner of the 2014 Sainsbury's Children's Book Award.
- Author(s)Sarah Courtauld
- PublisherPan Macmillan
- Date of Publication02/07/2015
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitleBuckle and Squash
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMacmillan Children's Books
- Weight140 g
- Width131 mm
- Height185 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Edition StatementMain Market Ed.
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.