All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe humble buckle is an oft-taken for granted fastening, yet its usefulness and sturdiness has ensured that it has survived from ancient times through to the present day. The author provides a comprehensive typology of buckles, from the earliest designs to the most recent uses. With detailed records of the types of buckles from different historical periods and listings of museums where they can be found, this book offers the re-enactor essential guidance for period costumes, and provides the collector or enthusiast with the information needed to continue or begin to learning about this enduring and practical object.
- Author BiographyAlan and Gillian Meredith have been collecting buttons and buckles and researching their history for many years. They have one of the best collections in the United Kingdom and have appeared on television and radio talking about their collection. They have also written Buttons for Shire.
- Author(s)Alan Meredith
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication30/08/2008
- SubjectAntiques & Collectables
- Series TitleShire Library
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 477
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintShire Publications Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Weight113 g
- Width149 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine5 mm
- Illustrator(s)Gillian Meredith
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.