All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFully revised and updated for 2016. Now with new Discovery Tours chapter. Experience all of Budapest's attractions with this up-to date, authoritative guide, packed with Insider Tips. Most holidaymakers want to have fun and feel relaxed from the moment they arrive at their holiday destination - that's what Marco Polo Guides are all about. In this guide, you can find hotels and restaurants; check out the city's trendiest places, nightlife scene and shopping. Also contains: the Perfect Day, Festivals & Events, Travel with Kids, Travel Tips, Links, Blogs, Apps & more, Hungarian phrasebook and comprehensive index. Budapest, Hungary's beautiful and lively capital is a dynamic city full of tradition that is at the same time symbolic of a country in the throes of dramatic social and ecomic change. MARCO POLO Budapest takes you up to the Fisherman's Bastion, with its magnificent views over the city full of fantastic architecture, and down into the bustle of the Central Market and the wonderful atmosphere of the city's traditional coffee houses. Budapest has a host of attractions: a day spent on the green Margaret Island can be just as much a part of a visit as a night at the opera or an evening stroll across the Chain Bridge.The Insider Tips reveal where young fashion designers display their latest creations and where the Budapest scene meets up. The 'Best Of' pages highlight some unique aspects of the city, recommend places to go for free, contain tips for rainy days and tell you where you can relax and chill out. You'll find out What's Hot in Budapest, from eco design to attending cultural events in thermal baths. The City Walks guide you along the Castle Hill and into the Jewish Quarter. Last but t least the Dos & Don'ts warn of changing money on the streets and of fake policemen. MARCO POLO Budapest provides comprehensive coverage of the city. To help you find your way around there's a detailed street atlas inside, a folding public transport map in the backcover, plus a handy pull-out map. A must-have for all travellers, including those who haven't bought a travel guide in the past - all this for only GBP5.99!
- Author BiographyMarco Polo Travel Publishing offers a wide range of high quality cartographic products and travel guides. Marco Polo Pocket Guides are known for their handy, compact format and Insider Tips. Our Travel Handbooks are the first to include infographics and our Spiral Guides feature unique lay-flat spiral binding. Marco Polo Maps are famous for the high quality of cartography in their Country, City and Holiday Maps.
- Author(s)Marco Polo
- PublisherMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/03/2012
- SubjectTravel & Holiday Guides: General
- Series TitleMarco Polo Travel Guides
- Place of PublicationOstfildern
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintMAIRDUMONT GmbH & Co. KG
- Content Notecol. Illustrations, col. maps
- Weight290 g
- Width107 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.