All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis cool, clear-sighted comparative study has theological axe to grind. It offers a trusty thematic guide to the figureheads of three of the largest religions in the world. * The comparative approach is descriptive and even-handed, highlighting both similarities and differences across a range of major areas. * The thematic chapters cover: early life, followers, the core message, political attitudes, relations with women, and death. * The engaging writing and descriptive approach make this an ideal text for students, instructors and general readers.
- Author BiographyPaul Gwynne is Lecturer in Comparative Religion in the General Education Program at the University of New South Wales, Australia, where he is also affiliated to the Law School. He has taught theology and religious studies in Jogjakarta, Indonesia, and Melbourne, Australia. Dr Gwynne is the author of World Religions in Practice: A Comparative Introduction (Wiley-Blackwell, 2009), and Special Divine Action (1996).
- Author(s)Paul Gwynne
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication12/03/2014
- SubjectReligion: Comparative, General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content Notemaps
- Weight446 g
- Width167 mm
- Height249 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.