All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionEncouraging the study of Buddhist canical literature in Pali, this reader aims to provide a reliable overview of Siddhattha Gotama's teachings, allowing students to distinguish them from historical changes, additions, and mutations. Sixteen suttas have been selected here for study, each compromising a section of the book. After each sutta are blank pages where students can write down their own renderings; a word-by-word guide to the sutta, with brief grammatical antations; and, at the end of the book, polished translations of all the suttas offered. A familiarity with basic Pali grammar is recommended.
- Author BiographyGlenn Wallis is associate professor and chair of the Applied Meditation Studies program at the Won Institute of Graduate Studies and the author of Basic Teachings of the Buddha, The Dhammapada, and Meditating the Power of Buddhas. He lives in Glenside, Pennsylvania.
- Author(s)Glenn Wallis
- PublisherPariyatti Press
- Date of Publication01/12/2010
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPariyatti Press
- Weight288 g
- Width190 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.