All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuddhism & The Twelve Steps is a workbook for people in recovery from addiction of any kind. The book is based on the 12 Steps, intertwining recovery ideas with the Buddhist teachings. Mindfulness is the fundamental tool offered for practice and is presented in the larger context of Buddhist teachings that include the elements of morality and wisdom. The material is practically oriented, and the voice is a personal. Buddhist teachings are presented in down-to-earth terms that make them accessible to the n-Buddhist reader.
- Author BiographyKevin Griffin is the author of the seminal 2004 book One Breath at a Time: Buddhism and the Twelve Steps and the recent A Burning Desire: Dharma God and the Path of Recovery. He has been practicing Buddhist meditation for three decades and been in recovery since 1985. He's been a meditation teacher for fifteen years. His teacher training was at Spirit Rock Meditation Center where he currently leads Dharma and Recovery classes. Laughing Buddha, his CD of dharma-related rock tunes, comes out in 2013. Kevin teaches nationally in Buddhist centers, treatment centers, professional conferences, and academic settings. He has worked as a consultant on NIH studies of mindfulness and taught meditation in prisons and homeless shelters. He specializes in helping people in recovery connect with meditation and a progressive understanding of the 12 Steps. His events range from evening classes, to daylong workshops, and residential retreats. For more information, see www.kevingriffin.net.
- Author(s)Kevin Griffin
- PublisherOne Breath Books
- Date of Publication01/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOne Breath Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight345 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.