Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.01Trending at AU $36.67
- AU $13.42Trending at AU $19.99
- AU $30.43Trending at AU $31.22
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.88
- AU $24.19Trending at AU $30.05
- AU $14.82Trending at AU $17.85
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $17.43
About this product
- DescriptionWhat practical impact does the philosophy of Buddhism have for those engaged with modern culture and how does awareness enter the picture? The author is a contemplative Buddhist who responds to that question through a series of essays showing how the contemporary, Western Buddhist perspective can be used to engage a wide variety of issues realistically with awareness, mindfulness and compassion. The author is a practitioner of the Mahayana tradition of Tibetan Buddhism following the path of the Bodhisattva. A Country Cop Books publication.
- Author BiographyMichael Jaquish is a practicing Buddhist of the Tibetan Mahayana tradition following the path of the Bodhisattva. He is also a poet, an artist, a novelist, a spiritual guide and life coach. Following a career as a peace officer in America he traveled to West Africa to serve as director of security for US Embassy operations in Liberia, Sierra Leone and Gambia and for the NASA Space Shuttle Abort Landing site. In his spare time, Michael spent many years roaming the jungles in search of adventure and exotic creatures and sketching and writing about what he found. He currently lives among the tall fir trees in the rain forests of the Pacific Northwest where he continues to write and ponder the meaning of life while practicing compassion for all beings. Michael has published over fifteen books.
- Author(s)Michael James Jaquish
- Date of Publication19/08/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMind, Body & Spirit: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight535 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.