All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFirst published in 1991, this book has become established as a comprehensive guide to the theory and methods of Buddhist meditation, providing a complete introduction for beginners as well as detailed advice for experienced meditators seeking to deepen their practice.With this third edition Kamalashila has included new sections on the importance of the imagination, on Just Sitting, and on refection on the Buddha. There is also new material on sadhana--including less formal, more experimental ways to connect with the living reality of the awakened mind--on mindfulness, and on the balance required between active and receptive approaches in meditation.Writing in an informal, accessible style, Kamalashila draws particular inspiration from the great Theravadin commentator Buddhaghosa, from Zhiyi--the preeminent master of the Chinese Tien-t'ai School--and above all from the Buddha. The result is a practical handbook, complete with trouble-shooting guides to the places your practice might take you. It is also an exploration of the ultimate aim of Buddhist meditation: heightened awareness, true happiness and--ultimately--liberating insight into the nature of reality.Kamalashila has been teaching meditation since 1976. He has developed approaches to meditation practice that are accessible to people in the contemporary world while being firmly grounded in the Buddhist tradition.
- Author BiographyKamalashila has been teaching meditation since 1976. He has developed approaches to meditation practice that are accessible to people in the contemporary world, whilst being firmly grounded in the Buddhist tradition.
- Author(s)Dharmachari Kamalashila
- PublisherWindhorse Publications
- Date of Publication28/02/2012
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWindhorse Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight576 g
- Width188 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.