Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
About this product
- DescriptionBuddhist Peacework focuses on the generation of Buddhist leaders playing a role in peace-building.
- Author BiographyDavid W. Chappell was a scholar of Chinese Buddhism and graduate chair of the Department of Religion at the University of Hawaii. He inititiated a series of Buddhist-Christian conferences in 1980 and was founding editor of the academic journal Buddhist-Christian Studies from 1980-95. He became the founding director of the Buddhist Studies Program at the University of Hawaii in 1987. In 1988, Professor Chappell was a cofounder of the Society for Buddhist-Christian Studies, and served as its President from 1993-95. He died in 2004. Joan Halifax, PhD, is a Buddhist teacher and an anthropologist. Her books include Simplicity in the Complex: A Buddhist Life in America and Being with Dying. She is the founder of the Upaya Institute in Santa Fe NM, where she now practices, teaches, and works. She is a Founding Teacher in the Zen Peacemaker Order of Roshi Bernie Glassman and the late Sensei Jishu Holmes and is a Soto priest and teacher.
- PublisherWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/05/2000
- SubjectNon-Christian Religions
- Place of PublicationSomerville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWisdom Publications,U.S.
- Out-of-print date18/11/2011
- Weight295 g
- Width134 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byDavid W. Chappell
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.