All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.71Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionHere are clear explanations of how to make superb astromical deep-sky images using only a DSLR or webcam and an astromical telescope - expensive dedicated CCD cameras needed! The book is written for amateur astromers interested in budget astrophotography - the deep sky, t just the Moon and planets - and for those who want to improve their imaging skills using DSLR and webcams. It is even possible to use existing (n-specialist astromical) equipment for scientific applications such as high resolution planetary and lunar photography, astrometry, photometry, and spectroscopy. The introduction of the CCD revolutionized astrophotography. The availability of this techlogy to the amateur astromy community has allowed advanced science and imaging techniques to become available to almost anyone willing to take the time to learn a few, simple techniques. Specialized cooled-chip CCD imagers are capable of superb results in the right hands - but they are all very expensive. If budget is important, the reader is advised on using a standard camera instead. Jensen provides techniques useful in acquiring beautiful high-quality images and high level scientific data in one accessible and easy-to-read book. It introduces techniques that will allow the reader to use more ecomical DSLR cameras - that are of course also used for day-to-day photography - to produce images and data of high quality, without a large cash investment.
- Author BiographyA Canadian by birth, Tim Jensen received his MSc in Astronomy at Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne, Australia, where he is still employed as a Project Supervisor for Swinburne Astronomy Online (SAO). He is also an avid amateur astronomer.
- Author(s)Timothy J. Jensen
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication26/10/2014
- SubjectPopular Science
- Series TitleThe Patrick Moore Practical Astronomy Series
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note64 black & white illustrations, 83 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight480 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.