All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis fascinating picture book biography tells the childhood story of Buffalo Bird Woman a Hidatsa Indian born around 1839. Through her true story, readers learn what it was like to be part of this Native American community, which lived along the Missouri River in the Dakotas, a society that depended on agriculture for food and survival rather than hunting. Using original artwork and archival photographs, award-winning author/illustrator S. D. Nelson has captured the spirit of Buffalo Bird Girl and her lost way of life. The book includes a bibliography and an index, as well as an author s te and timeline of events. Awards and praise for Buffalo Bird Girl Gelett Burgess Award CCBC Choices Book, Biography ? Kirkus starred review ? SLJ starred review
- Author BiographyS. D. Nelson is a member of the Standing Rock Sioux tribe in the Dakotas. He is the award-winning author and illustrator of Black Elk s Vision recipient of a Western Writers of America Spur Storyteller Award and named a Chicago Public Library Best of the Best. He lives in Flagstaff, Arizona.
- Author(s)S D Nelson
- PublisherTurtleback Books
- Date of Publication11/08/2015
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTurtleback Books
- Weight522 g
- Width254 mm
- Height251 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound,Picture book
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.