Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
About this product
- DescriptionTwo complete vels from Elmer Kelton in one low-priced editionBuffalo WagonsFor Gage Jameson, the summer of 1873 has been a poor hunt. A year ago he felled sixty-two buffalo in one stand, but w the great Arkansas River herd is gone, like the Republican herd before it.In Dodge City, old hide hunters speak in awe of a last great heard to the south but hunter who values his scalp dares ride south of the Cimarron and into Comanche territory. None but Gage Jameson....Cloudy in the WestIn the Texas backlands in 1885, twelve-year-old Joey Shipman's father dies under mysterious circumstances, and the boy is forced to live with his stepmother and Blair Meacham, a hanger-on at the farm. After the death of a black farmhand and friend, and ather accident that almost takes Joey's life, the boy runs away and joins forces with his only kin Beau Shipman, a drunk and a jailbird. Beau, along with an outlaw, a San Antonio prostitute, and a sheepman become Joey's unlikely partners as he is trailed by their murderous Meacham, in league with Joey's stepmother in their scheme to inherit the Shipman farm.
- Author BiographyElmer Kelton (1926-2009) was the award-winning author of more than forty novels, including The Time It Never Rained, Other Men's Horses, Texas Standoff and Hard Trail to Follow. His novel The Good Old Boys was made into a television film starring Tommy Lee Jones. In addition to his novels, Kelton worked as an agricultural journalist for forty-two years, and served in the infantry in World War II. He died in 2009.
- Author(s)Elmer Kelton
- Date of Publication30/06/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Out-of-print date13/10/2016
- Weight272 g
- Width104 mm
- Height188 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTall rack paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.