Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.93Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhirlwind belonged to the Oglala Sioux, the people of Crazy Horse. Born in 1820 near the Black Hills, she knew prosperity-her father could afford an expensive Buffalo Maiden ceremony-and eventually tragedy. The Indian woman feels profoundly the chill of change: the decimation of the buffalo, the coming of white settlers to the Great Plains, the wars that reduce her people to raggedness. After the Battle of the Little Big Horn and an attack that leaves her band homeless, Grandmother Whirlwind faces her final challenge in joining the band's journey through sw toward refuge in Canada. With attention to timeless humanity and time-bound history, Dorothy M. Johnson's vel follows the life of Whirlwind, seeing through her eyes the daily routine and rituals of the Sioux.
- Author(s)Dorothy M. Johnson
- PublisherUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Date of Publication01/06/1995
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLincoln
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Nebraska Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight273 g
- Width3411 mm
- Height5193 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.