All listings for this product
About this product
- Description[Wright's] penetrating and ravishingly gorgeous lyrical poems are at once classically philosophical and freshly revealing ( Booklist )Never has Charles Wright's vision been more closely aligned with the work of the ancient Chinese painters and writers who inform his poetry than in his newest collection. Wright's short lyrics, in Charles Simic's words, achieve a level of eloquence where the reader says to himself, if this is t wisdom, I don't kw what is ( The New York Review of Books ). The poems in Buffalo Yoga are pristine examples of the Tennessee poet's deft, painterly touch- crows in a caterwaul are scored like black tes in the bare oak -and his oblique, expansive, and profound interrogation of mortality, as in the title sequence, where the soul is a rhythmical kt. / That form unties. Or reties.
- Author BiographyCharles Wright, winner of the Pulitzer Prize, the National Book Critics Circle Award, and the National Book Award, teaches at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville.
- Author(s)Charles Wright
- PublisherFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2005
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFarrar, Straus & Giroux Inc
- Weight132 g
- Width141 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine7 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.34
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.83
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.49
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.54
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.88
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.78
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.