Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionBuffy the Vampire Slayer transcended its cult-comic roots to achieve television success, spawning the spiff series Angel and an academic movement along the way. This scholarly treatment takes a multidisciplinary approach to Buffy's fandom, which has expressed itself through fiction, videos, music, art, and other media. Ten essays analyze the sociology and psychology of the fan community and how it uses the Internet to share its passion.
- Author BiographyMary Kirby-Diaz is a professor of sociology at Farmingdale State College in New York, with a study specialty in pedagogy and community mediation. A Buffy fan, she began researching the show's popular culture in 2003.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/02/2009
- SubjectCultural Studies
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight308 g
- Width165 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Edited byMary Kirby-Diaz
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.