All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhat would you do if you thought you were being bugged? How would you defend yourself? How would you even kw about it? If you've pondered these questions, and especially if you haven't, you need to read this book. It was written to tell you, the average Joe, everything there is to kw about tiny hidden transmitters that can broadcast your personal and business conversations to spies, government agents ...even the next-door neighbors. Find out how these devices work, how effective they are, how to find them and deal with them and how to use this techlogy in your own self-defense if necessary. Includes scores of ideas and resources for protecting the privacy of landline, cellular and cordless telephones, as well as pagers, fax machines and computers, plus phone phreaking terms and tricks and, as one reviewer put it, true tales of the Biz that will spook you ...and a few that will make you laugh.
- Author BiographyM.L. Shannon's lifelong interest in communications led him to work as a technician for a company that made surveillance and countermeasures gear as well as for a professional countermeasures company. He is well versed on privacy issues.
- Author(s)M.L. Shannon
- PublisherPaladin Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication01/03/2000
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Place of PublicationBoulder
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPaladin Press,U.S.
- Content Notephotos, Illust.
- Weight485 g
- Width216 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.