Build, Borrow, or Buy: Solving the Growth Dilemma by Laurence Capron, Will Mitchell (Hardback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $34.74Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by fishpondnewzealand
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $37.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow should you grow your organization? It's one of the most challenging questions an executive team faces--and the wrong answer can break your firm. The problem is most firms' growth strategies emphasize just one type of growth--some focus on organic growth, others on M&A. When these strategies falter, the common response is simply to try harder--but firms falling into this implementation trap usually end up losing out to a competitor whose approach is more inclusive. So where do you start? By asking the right questions, argue INSEAD's Laurence Capron and coauthor Will Mitchell, of the Rotman School of Management at the University of Toronto and Duke University's Fuqua School of Business. Drawing on decades of research and teaching, Capron and Mitchell find that a firm's aptitude for determining the best resource pathways for growth has a defining impact on its success. They've come up with a helpful framework, reflecting practices of a variety of successful global organizations, to determine which path is best for yours. The resource pathways framework is built around three strategic questions: * BUILD: Are your existing internal resources relevant for developing the new resources that you have targeted for growth? * BORROW: Could you obtain the targeted resources via an effective relationship with a resource partner? * BUY: Do you need broad and deep relationships with your resource provider? Written for large multinationals and emerging firms alike, Build, Borrow, or Buy will help solve a perennial question and will guide you through change while priming your organization for optimal growth.
- Author BiographyLaurence Capron is the Paul Desmarais Chaired Professor of Partnership and Active Ownership at INSEAD and director of the INSEAD executive education program on M&A and corporate strategy. Will Mitchell holds the Anthony S. Fell Chair in New Technologies and Commercialization at the University of Toronto's Rotman School of Management, and is the J. Rex Fuqua Professor of International Management at Duke University's Fuqua School of Business.
- Author(s)Laurence Capron,Will Mitchell
- PublisherHarvard Business Review Press
- Date of Publication14/08/2012
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintHarvard Business Review Press
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight457 g
- Width156 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $50.31
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.93
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.