All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDoes your child seem to be LACKING IN CONFIDENCE AND SELF ESTEEM? This relaxing, imaginative recording for quiet time or bedtime-listening for 6 to 9 year olds can help them RECOGNIZE THEIR OWN GOOD QUALITIES AND LEARN TO APPRECIATE THEMSELVES. In this way they can FEEL MORE CONFIDENT IN A VARIETY OF EVERYDAY SITUATIONS. Children imagine relaxing in a hammock, letting all their worries float away through the holes in the netting. They then visualize throwing away old negative beliefs about themselves stored in cupboards and drawers in an imaginary room inside them. At this point they paint positive, encouraging messages in a nice bright confident paint on the walls of their inner room. Imagining the effects of having more confidence and self belief, both at home and at school, helps reinforce the positive message.This SUCCESSFUL APPROACH is based on natural, safe, sound hyptherapy principles: act out each positive step in the imagination and dramatically increase the chance of success in the real world. Lynda's gentle, English voice calms, re-assures as she gives suggestions for boosting confidence and self esteem. As a clinical hyptherapist of many years standing, and former teacher, she has helped thousands of children world-wide through her CDs and downloads. She has featured in the press, TV and radio and is author of two widely acclaimed books on hyptherapy with children and adults.The recording uses state of the art techlogy. Regular listening is the key to success!
- Author BiographyLynda Hudson, a former teacher, is a fervent believer in the benefits of hypnotherapy for children. Having retrained and worked in this field since the early 90s, she has helped thousands of children and teenagers either face to face or through her hypnotherapy CDs and MP3s* . The recordings deal with a wide range of topics and different age groups and help with anxiety, fears, confidence, self esteem, hospital visits to name but a few areas. Lynda also has a range for adults and is continually adding new titles. She believes passionately that mistaken myths of hypnosis need to be dispelled so that people can understand that hypnotherapy for children in the hands of a well trained and experienced practitioner is a gentle, natural drug free experience which can be amazingly empowering. This gentleness and warmth comes across in her voice so that children can feel totally at ease. To quote Peter Mabbutt, Director of Studies at the London College of Clinical Hypnosis, 'Lynda is the acknowledged expert on the use of hypnotherapy with children'. She gives masterclasses in the Use of Hypnosis with Children for some of the most prestigious hypnosis organisations in the country.Not only does she run a successful practice and give training courses, Lynda is the author of two highly acclaimed handbooks** for therapists. She has received glowing praise for these books by highly respected colleagues, authors, presidents of eminent hypnotherapy associations and societies in Australia, Ireland and the USA as well as in her home country, the UK. She has been a clinical hypnosis lecturer and examiner for the London College of Clinical Hypnosis and taught clinical hypnosis for Thames Medical Lectures. Now however she devotes all her trainings to teaching others how to work with children. Participants say how they love her warm, enthusiastic and knowledgeable approach which inspires them to progress in this field themselves. Lynda has a first class honours degree in Psychology and Diploma in Applied Linguistics. She has diplomas in Clinical Hypnosis, Stress Management, Cognitive Behaviour Therapy and other branches of psychotherapy. She is a Member of the British Psychological Society, Diplomate of the British Society of Clinical Hypnosis, Member of the General Hypnotherapy Register and the Association of Professional Hypnotherapists and Psychotherapists.* CDs and MP3s available from our site plus Apps to download for iPhones ** Scripts and Strategies in Hypnotherapy with Children (2009) and More Scripts and Strategies in Hypnotherapy (for adults) (2010)
- Author(s)Lynda Hudson
- Date of Publication01/11/2008
- SubjectChildren's General Non-Fiction
- Place of PublicationBeckenham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Running Time22
- Interest Age6-9
Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $34.22Trending at AU $38.86
- AU $32.09Trending at AU $37.42
- AU $18.92Trending at AU $20.08
- AU $15.19Trending at AU $19.84
- AU $12.47Trending at AU $16.83
- AU $31.73Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $16.73
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.