All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionDiscover exciting and fun projects by building brilliant applications for the Apple Watch About This Book * Explore the opportunities opened up to developers by Apple's latest device: the Apple Watch * Be a crackerjack at developing software across a broad range of watch app categories * From an eminent author, master all stages of development, from the first stage through to a completed project Who This Book Is For If you have some basic kwledge of programming in Swift and are looking for the best way to get started with Apple Watch development, this book is just the right one for you! What You Will Learn * Understand the concept of the Apple Watch as an automous device as well as it being paired with the iPhone * Get your app up and running * Design exciting, inspiring, and attractive layouts for your apps * Make your user interface more engaging using images and animation * Enable your Watch and iPhone apps to transport and share data * Leverage the feature-rich set of WatchKit techlogies provided by Apple * Connect your apps to the Internet * Submit your app to the App Store In Detail With Apple's eagerly anticipated entry into the wearable arena, the field is wide open for a new era of app development. The Apple Watch is one of the most important techlogies of our time. This easy-to-understand book takes beginners on a delightful journey of discovering the features available to the developer, right up to the completion of medium-level projects ready for App Store submission. It provides the fastest way to develop real-world apps for the Apple Watch by teaching you the concepts of Watch UI, visual haptic and audio, message and data exchange between watch and phone, Web communication, and finally Visual, haptic as well as audio feedback for users. By the end of this book, you will have developed at least four fully functioning apps for deployment on watchOS 2. Style and approach This is a step-by-step guide to developing apps for the Apple Watch with the help of screenshots and fully coded working examples.
- Author BiographyStuart Grimshaw has programmed for Apple computers since the days before OS X and has been involved with developing for Apple Watch since its release. Born in the UK and having lived in Germany and the Netherlands, he is currently an iOS developer in Auckland, New Zealand, where he works on some of Australia-New Zealand's largest video and TV delivery apps and heads the research and development of both watchOS and tvOS applications. He is passionate about the potential of the Apple Watch and Apple TV as well as Apple's Swift programming language and is a keen proponent of beach coding.
- Author(s)Stuart Grimshaw
- PublisherPackt Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication29/02/2016
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBirmingham
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPackt Publishing Limited
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight517 g
- Width190 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine16 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.