Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $36.58+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe extent of development in the Arabian Peninsula has been phemenal: this region w has some of the most advanced contemporary architecture in the world. During the last few years, in order to adjust to the imminent depletion of the natural resources that have provided the region's wealth for the past decades the countries on the southern coast of the Persian Gulf have restructured their ecomies, which were based on the export of hydrocarbons, towards finance and tourism, but without forgetting their cultural roots. Tradition and modernity either stunningly contrast or beautifully fuse in the architectural projects by the most important architects and design studios. These projects are inspired by Islamic architecture, incorporating Islamic decorative motifs and age-old structural solutions for coping with the extreme Arabian climate. The architectural plans also reinterpret the urban layouts of Arabian cities.
- Author BiographyOSCAR EUGENIO BELLINI, born in 1965, is an architect and researcher at the Building Environment Science & Technology Department of the Politecnico of Milan. As a researcher he focuses on project-related themes addressing the relationship between technology and the constructability of architecture. In addition to his research activity he participates in national and international architecture competitions. LAURA DAGLIO, who was born in 1970, is an architect. She teaches Architectural Technology at the Faculty of Architecture at the Politecnico of Milan, where she is a researcher in the Building Environment Science & Technology Department. She also contributes to various magazines.
- Author(s)Laura Daglio,Oscar Eugenio Bellini
- PublisherWhite Star
- Date of Publication01/09/2012
- Place of PublicationVercelli
- Country of PublicationItaly
- ImprintWhite Star
- Width235 mm
- Height325 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.