All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDesigned for both the practicing choral director and the choral methods student, this is a compact and comprehensive overview of the many teaching methods, strategies, materials, and assessments available for choral sight-singing instruction. Sight-singing is an important, if sometimes neglected, facet of choral music education that often inspires fear and uncertainty in student and teacher alike. Written in an accessible style, this book takes the mystery out of teaching music reading. Topics covered include the history of sight-singing pedagogy and research, prominent methods and materials, and practical strategies for teaching and assessment. This is the only book to provide such a wealth of information under one cover and will become an essential part of every choral conductor's library.
- Author BiographyDr. Steven M. Demorest is Associate Professor of Choral Music Education at the University of Washington and music director of the Northwest Chamber Chorus, a select 45-voice mixed ensemble. He is the author of numerous articles on choral music pedagogy and research for the Choral Journal, Music Educators Journal, and the Journal of Research in Music Education.
- Author(s)Steven M. Demorest
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication01/03/2003
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Notenumerous halftones, line drawings and music examples
- Weight279 g
- Width145 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.30New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $30.36New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $30.36
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $43.41
- AU $26.82Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $28.36Trending at AU $30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.