All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFocusing on experts in techlogy and science, Building Europe on Expertise delivers a new reading of European history. The authors show that modern Europe was built by experts using their unique kwledge to shape societies, set political agendas, and establish collaborations which proved decisive in integrating the continent. The Making Europe series was awarded the Freeman Award by the European Association for the Study of Science and Techlogy (EASST) in 2014, in recognition of its significant contribution to the interaction of science and techlogy studies with the study of invation.
- Author BiographyHelmuth Trischler is Head of Research at the Deutsches Museum and teaches modern history and history of technology at Ludwig-Maximilians-University Munich, Germany. He also serves as director of the Rachel Carson Center for Environment and Society. He has published books on history of science, technology, and innovation, environmental and mobility history. Martin Kohlrausch teaches European political history at the KU Leuven, Belgium. His main research interests are the relation of modern politics and mass media and the history of experts in the 20th century. He is preparing an in-depth study on the political and social relevance of modernist architects in Central Europe.
- Author(s)Foundation for the History of Technology,Helmuth Trischler,Martin Kohlrausch
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication15/04/2014
- SubjectHistory: Specific Subjects
- Series TitleMaking Europe
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight1075 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine32 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.84
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.50
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.50
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.99
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.12
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.34
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.