All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBuilding European Spatial Data Infrastructures, third edition, explores the efforts of the European Union (EU) to create a framework for a multinational infrastructure for spatial information in the European Community (INSPIRE). This framework will enable the EU to exploit the myriad opportunities created by modern GIS techlogies. This edition presents an overview of the invative activities being performed by both the public and private sectors to comply with the INSPIRE Directive and explains the rationale and the processes involved in spatial data infrastructure (SDI) development and implementation. Designed as a reference for GIS professionals and decision makers, the chapters promote a general understanding of SDI concepts and provide examples of practical applications.
- Author BiographyEducated in geography and town planning at Liverpool University, UK, Professor Ian Masser has been involved with the INSPIRE Directive since its beginning. He was founder chairman of the Association of Geographic Information Laboratories in Europe (AGILE) and president of both the European Umbrella Organisation for Geographic Information (EUROGI) and the Global Spatial Data Infrastructure Association (GSDI). His publications include 18 books and more than 300 published papers and conference presentations. He authored the first and second editions of Building European Spatial Data Infrastructures (Esri Press 2007, 2010). Joep Crompvoets is a professor at KU Leuven Public Governance Institute (Belgium) and secretary-general of EuroSDR-a European spatial data research network linking national mapping agencies with research institutes and universities for the purpose of applied research. He has been involved in several projects related to the development of the INSPIRE Directive and SDIs around the world. He has written numerous publications dealing with SDIs, GIS, and e-governance.
- Author(s)Ian Masser,Joep Crompvoets
- PublisherESRI Press
- Date of Publication30/03/2015
- Place of PublicationRedlands
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintEnvironmental Systems Research Institute Inc.,U.S.
- Weight272 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.63
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.81Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.