Building High Availability Windows Server 2003 Solutions by Marcin Policht, Jeffrey R. Shapiro (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.89Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOver the last year many companies and government organizations beganmigrating from platforms such as UNIX to the Windows 2003 platform tohave a high performance system that is available 24X7. However, theseorganizations face a huge learning curve on how best to set up highperformance Windows Server 2003 networks for maximum availability andpower. This book provides a clear and concise road map on keeping systemsup 24X7 with the Windows platform. It delves into topics that explain how touse Windows Server 2003 techlogy for scalability, uptime, performance, andmanagement, and how to avoid getting in trouble at the same time. This bookanswers questions network administrators ask such as, Should we cluster, loadbalance, or both? Or should we invest in hot standbys? What works best? After providing answers, Shapiro goes beyond discussing failover and faulttolerance to explaining monitoring, disaster recovery, and choosing the righttechlogy to achieve maximum availability and high performance. This is thefirst book that t only provides thorough coverage of core clusterconfiguration and load balancing, but also explains how to maintain andadminister a Windows 2003 high performance system, and restore and recoverfailed servers in the event of a disaster.
- Author BiographyBuilding High Availability Windows Server(TM) 2003 SolutionsAbout the Authors Jeffrey R. Shapiro has worked in Information Technology for nearly 15 years. He is an industry-celebrated author and has published more than a dozen books on IT, network administration, and software development. Jeffrey has written for numerous publications over the years as well. He also regularly speaks at events and frequently participates in training courses on Microsoft systems. Jeffrey has specialized in Microsoft technologies since 1989. From 1992 to 1998, he was CTO for a leading software development company specializing in telephony solutions for business and was credited with designing the architecture for one of the first Windows-based computer telephony platforms. In early 2003 Jeffrey was selected to lead the Novell NetWare to Windows Server 2003 migration project for Broward County, Florida. His mandate was to design the architecture for an Active Directory network that would replace the hundreds of servers and Novell Directory Services (NDS) required to support more than 80 agencies. He was also in charge of designing the architecture for three mission-critical, high availability, high-performance data centers supporting thousands of public servants in one of the largest population centers in the United States. In late 2004 Jeffrey turned his attention almost exclusively to systems and software architecture. He recently formed Normal Data, Inc., a company that specializes in architecting software for enterprise information technology solutions http://www.codetimes.com. Jeffrey can be reached on the Web at firstname.lastname@example.org. Marcin Policht has diverse experience in areas of scripting and programming, as well as system engineering and administration of large-scale, high availability, Windows-based environments. He has shared his expertise as a technical trainer and as a writer, authoring a number of books and Web articles on subjects varying from WMI scripting to Active Directory management. (c) Copyright Pearson Education. All rights reserved.
- Author(s)Jeffrey R. Shapiro,Marcin Policht
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication14/12/2004
- SubjectComputing: General
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAddison-Wesley Educational Publishers Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight789 g
- Width177 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine31 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.92
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.46
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.91
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.14
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.09
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $80.22
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.