All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe observation that many models are built but few are used has almost become a commonplace in the management science and operations research literature. Nevertheless, the statement remains to a large extent true today, also and perhaps even more so where marketing models are concerned. This led Philippe Naert, w about four years ago, to write a concept text of a few hundred pages on the subject of how to build imple- men table marketing models, that is, models that can and will be used. One of the readers of that early manuscript was Peter Leefiang. He made suggestions leading to a more consistent ordering of the material and pro- posed the addition of some topics and the expansion of others to make the book more self-contained. This resulted in a co-authorship and a revised version, which was written by Peter Leefiang and consisted of a reshuffling and an expansion of the original material by about fifty per cent. Several meetings between the co-authors produced further refinements in the text and the sequence of chapters and sections, after which Philippe Naert again totally reworked the whole text. This led to a new expansion, again by fifty per cent, of the second iteration. The third iteration also required the inclusion of a great deal of new literature indicating that the field is making fast progress and that implementation has become a major concern to marketing model builders.
- Author BiographyPhilippe A. Naert (1945) is the Dean of TIAS Business School and Professor of Marketing, Tilburg University, The Netherlands. Peter S.H. Leeflang (1946) is Professor of Marketing at the Department of Economics at the University of Groningen, The Netherlands, and member of the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Sciences.
- Author(s)Peter S. H. Leeflang,Philippe A. Naert
- PublisherKluwer Academic Publishers Group
- Date of Publication31/05/1978
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight671 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1978
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.