All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf one were forced to use a single key word to describe the decade of the 1980's, a very prominent one would be techlogy. Leading the forefront of tech- logy advancement were breakthroughs in electronics. Devices that were uncommon or unkwn in 1980 became commonplace, and almost indispens- able, by 1989. This trend has continued into the 1990's and it does t seem to be abating in any way. Microwave ovens, video recorders, telephone answer- ing machines, compact disc players, computers, and a host of smaller or less sophisticated devices w appear in most households. The development of small and inexpensive computers, i. e. , personal computers, has placed computing resources within reach of many more people. In addition, many traditional, and largely mechanical devices, have been enhanced by electronics. For example, specialized microprocessors are combined with arrays of electronic sensors to control and monitor sophisticated engineering components in most new auto- mobiles. In this and many other ways, we are touched by the new electronics in almost every aspect of our daily lives. Initially, personal computers were little more than toys. They contained only a small fraction of the computing power of their immediate ancestors, the mini- computers and mainframe computers. However, rapid improvements in integ- rated circuit design and chip manufacture produced regular reductions in size and cost of computer components. During the same time, processor speed and sophistication increased.
- Author(s)Daniel L. Schmoldt,H.Michael Rauscher
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication16/09/2011
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight621 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1996
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.