All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMilwaukee's City Hall on East Wells and North Water streets is a landmark. Not only officially, but as part of Milwaukee's identity, from the city's flag to the Laverne and Shirley sit-com in the 1970s. The site for this familiar building was t easily chosen. The final location was t the first choice for most of Milwaukee's movers and shakers, and after it was finally settled upon the difficulties only became bigger. Battles over designs and the bidding process became politically heated and personal in nature. Cost overruns in the construction, although common at the time, grew to gigantic proportions. The completed building was, however, structurally sound and pleasing to the eye. Still standing 115 years later, it really is a monument to the Milwaukee government officials, architect and builder, all of whom are the costars of this book. The magnificent Milwaukee City Hall itself is the star.
- Author BiographyDennis Pajot is a member of the Society for American Baseball Research and is active on the group's Nineteenth Century and Deadball Era committees. He is a frequent contributor to The Inside Game , the Deadball Era's newsletter. He was awarded the Sporting News -SABR Baseball Research Award in 2010 for The Rise of Milwaukee Baseball and lives in Milwaukee, USA.
- Author(s)Dennis Pajot
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Content Noteillustrations (black and white)
- Weight277 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.34Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.