All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPositive relationships between practitioners and parents are essential for young children's wellbeing, but achieving this can be difficult if there is t eugh understanding about how relationships work when one person (the practitioner or teacher) has to play the professional role. Strong communication skills are fundamental to this relationship and to building a sense of community between home and nursery or school. This new book explores how practitioners can build warm, friendly and caring relationships with parents. It clearly explains the dynamics of a conversation, the theory behind how relationships are formed or destroyed and provides practical strategies to put this kwledge into practice. Grounded in the theories of attachment, transactional analysis and solution focused therapy this book will help you to: * Increase your level of self awareness * Improve your listening skills * Understand 'how' to communicate with different parent 'types' * Learn how to conduct an individual parent interview * Develop professional care giving skills Full of practical examples and strategies, this text will be welcomed by early years practitioners and students who wish to develop the skills and confidence they need to effectively communicate with the parents of the children they care for.
- Author BiographyAnita M. Hughes is a Chartered Educational Psychologist, who has worked with families for over thirty years both for social services (in Early Years) and then in education services before becoming an Independent Consultant and Therapist. She is a mother of two grown-up children. Veronica Read is a Group Analyst and Independent Educational Consultant. She writes and delivers workshops on attachment for Early Years practitioners and works as a Specialist Teacher for an LEA. She has extensive experience of working with children with social, emotional and behavioural difficulties. Veronica is also a mother of two grown-up children.
- Author(s)Anita M. Hughes,Veronica Read
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication27/03/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note1 black & white tables, 3 black & white halftones
- Weight249 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.95Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.