All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMatchmaking is a tradition as old as marriage itself, and the activities and practices surrounding it have shifted alongside marriage. Building Relationships: Online Dating and the New Logics of Internet Culture uses an apparatus approach to media analysis to examine logics of compatibility, online dating site procedures, and user narratives of popular matchmaking sites. Shepherd's investigation serves as a case study to help understand the larger relationship between contemporary identity and what she calls matching techlogies, as well as the complex of big data, computational processing, and the cultural assumptions that power today's most popular web applications.
- Author BiographyDawn Shepherd is assistant professor of English and associate director of the first-year writing program at Boise State University.
- Author(s)Dawn Shepherd
- PublisherLexington Books
- Date of Publication15/04/2016
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLanham, MD
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLexington Books
- Content Note6 black & white illustrations, 8 tables
- Weight404 g
- Width158 mm
- Height239 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.50Trending at AU $111.62
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.36
- AU $35.46Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.02
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.