All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSocial work education programs, at all levels, are challenged to enhance their research culture and infrastructure. Since the 1991 NIMH-supported Task Force on Social Work Research report called for increasing research development in social work education programs, schools of social work have worked to develop research-supportive climates. This has helped social work scholars contribute to the kwledge base through the publication of original research, the expansion of the quantity and quality of faculty and student research endeavors, and the development of more empirically validated treatment approaches. Drawing on the extensive experience of the authors, this book provides a roadmap to building research capacity. It outlines specific leadership strategies that deans and directors can use to access federal research funds; incentivize interdisciplinary research; enhance mentorship relationships between senior and junior researchers; and make strategic hires. The book also identifies specific strategies to promote research by junior faculty and graduate students; forge partnerships between the university and local community and state agencies; identify potential grant funders; and write successful grants. Deans, directors, faculty, research administrators, and doctoral students will find this book a valuable step-by-step guide for fostering a research climate and increasing the likelihood of developing successful research initiatives.
- Author BiographyRuth G. McRoy, PhD, is the Donahue and DiFelice Endowed Professor at Boston College Graduate School of Social Work. Jerry P. Flanzer, PhD, is Associate Dean of Research at the Office of Graduate Studies and Research, San Jose State University. Joan Levy Zlotnik, PhD, ACSW, is Director of the Social Work Policy Institute, National Association of Social Workers Foundation.
- Author(s)Jerry P. Flanzer,Joan Levy Zlotnik,Ruth G. McRoy
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication16/02/2012
- SubjectSocial Studies: General
- Series TitleBuilding Social Work Research Capacity
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note8 line-cuts
- Weight256 g
- Width140 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine11 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.67
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.72
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.