All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnchain your data from the desktop with responsive visualizations Building Responsive Data Visualization for the Web is a handbook for any front-end development team needing a framework for integrating responsive web design into the current workflow. Written by a leading industry expert and design lead at Starbase Go, this book provides a wealth of information and practical guidance from the perspective of a real-world designer. You'll walk through the process of building data visualizations responsively as you learn best practices that build upon responsive web design principles, and get the hands-on practice you need with exercises, examples, and source code provided in every chapter. These strategies are designed to be implemented by teams large and small, with varying skill sets, so you can apply these concepts and skills to your project right away. Responsive web design is the practice of building a website to suit base browser capability, then adding features that enhance the experience based on the user's device's capabilities. Applying these ideas to data produces visualizations that always look as if they were designed specifically for the device through which they are viewed. This book shows you how to incorporate these principles into your current practices, with highly practical hands-on training. * Examine the hard data surrounding responsive design * Master best practices with hands-on exercises * Learn data-based document manipulation using D3.js * Adapt your current strategies to responsive workflows Data is growing exponentially, and the need to visualize it in any context has become crucial. Traditional visualizations allow important data to become lost when viewed on a small screen, and the web traffic speaks for itself viewers repeatedly demonstrate their preference for responsive design. If you're ready to create more accessible, take-anywhere visualizations, Building Responsive Data Visualization for the Web is your tailor-made solution.
- Author BiographyBILL HINDERMAN is the lead site optimization UI engineer for Orbitz Worldwide, where he designs, prototypes, develops, and A/B tests experimental new products for Orbitz's customer-facing brands. He is also founder and creative lead at Starbase Go, a digital creative studio that works with designers to create innovative web products. Bill is passionate about creating web experiences that work beautifully and look even better.
- Author(s)Bill Hinderman
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication23/10/2015
- SubjectComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight552 g
- Width189 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.67Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.35Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
- AU $51.98Trending at AU $52.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.