All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.35Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is a must-have for anyone needing to understand large or small amounts of data. It describes how to build and interpret graphs, showing how understanding data means that the graph must clearly and succinctly answer questions about the data. In 16 of the 19 chapters research questions are presented, and the reader builds the appropriate graph needed to answer the questions. This handy guide can be used in conjunction with any introductory or intermediate statistics book where the focus is on in-depth presentation of how graphs are used. This book will also useful for graduate students doing research at the masters or doctoral level. The book also contains a chapter designed to address many of the ways that graphs can be used to mislead the graph reader.
- Author BiographyJames O. Aldrich (Doctor of Public Administration, University of Laverne) is a retired lecturer on statistics and research methods at California State University, Northridge. He has served as the principal investigator and co-director of a National Cancer Institute research project. He held the appointment of Instructor in the Department of Pathology at the University of Southern California School of Medicine. He has served on various committees for the Los Angeles chapter of the American Statistical Association and has also taught biostatistics, epidemiology, social statistics, and research methods courses for 20 years. The primary statistical software used for his coursework has been SPSS. Sage recently published (2013) Building SPSS Graphs to Understand Data co-authored with Hilda M. Rodriguez. Hilda M. Rodriguez (Bachelor's Degree in Sociology, California State University at Northridge) was the teaching assistant in statistics and the laboratory using the Statistical Package for the Social Sciences. She edited the original manuscript and discovered many useful additions that were incorporated in Using SPSS: An Interactive and Hands-on Approach, a book published by Sage Publications in July 2011. She came to this country from El Salvador speaking Spanish only but soon learned English and has begun her pursuit of higher education. Hilda is active at her church, St. Joseph the Worker, in Winnetka, California where she teaches religious doctrine to children, young adults and seniors. It is in this work that her bi-lingual and bi-cultural capabilities benefit her students.
- Author(s)Hilda M. Rodriguez,James O. Aldrich
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication13/06/2012
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight640 g
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.