Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
About this product
- DescriptionAbout the Book: This book examines a wide range of building services. It includes information on: air-conditioning, pumps/fans/blowers, elevators, electric power, protection against fire, lighting, acoustics and plumbing. The book provides a convenient reference for construction industry personnel. It is a basic reference for craftsmen, technicians, and construction site managers. For students of building crafts, national certificates and diplomas, undergraduates and professional examinations, this book will substantiate study tes and be important supplement to lectures. It also offers to students, engineers and their associates who are concerned with construction very useful kwledge. Building services are the dynamics in a static structure, providing movement, communication, facilities and comfort. As they are unavoidable, it is imperative that architects, surveyors, builders, structural engineers, planners, estate managers and all those concerned with the construction of buildings have a kwledge and appreciation of the subject.
- Author BiographyMouafak A. Zaher, before retirement worked as aTechnical consultant for Electricity & Water Corporation (Doha - Qatar). He was Head of Research in the Faculty of Applied skills, Unitec Institute of Technology, in Auckland, New Zealand; responsible for the applied research in both the building and transport departments.Dr. Zaher's experience included lecturing on the subject of Fluid Mechanics, hydraulic research on pumps, turbines, radial and axial fans/blowers with special emphasis upon design, development, and computing.He has held the position of Technical Manager for several industrial projects. Dr. Zaher received a B.S. degree (Mechanical Engineering, 1967) from Cairo University, and an M.S. degree (Mechanical Engineering, 1968) and Ph.D. degree(Engineering, 1972) from the Technical University of Lodz-Poland.Dr. Zaher is the author of several technical papers/books related to vortices, cavitation, pumps and fans.
- Author(s)Dr M A Zaher
- Date of Publication12/07/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectMechanical Engineering
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight599 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.