Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $74.74
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.46
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.65
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.44
- AU $26.68Trending at AU $29.36
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.46
About this product
- DescriptionMark Paige takes an in-depth look at the interaction of Value Added Models (VAMs) and the law of teacher evaluation. It tes that the hasty adoption of VAMs in evaluation and employment law actually complicates efforts to improve teacher quality, especially at the local level. In brief, VAMs' costs vastly outweigh their benefits. The book advocates for a complete removal of VAMs in high-stakes decisions. It sets forth numerous recommendations for administrators and policymakers to enable them to effectively deal with the complications created by VAMs.
- Author BiographyMark A. Paige, is a professor of public policy at the University of Massachusetts-Dartmouth. He has represented school districts in a variety of education law matters in various state and federal jurisdictions, including the New Hampshire Supreme Court. He holds a law degree and Ph.D. from the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
- Author(s)Mark A. Paige
- PublisherRowman & Littlefield
- Date of Publication08/07/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLanham
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRowman & Littlefield Education
- Weight390 g
- Width158 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine17 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.