Best-selling in Audio Books
Save on Audio Books
- AU $21.43Trending at AU $27.06
- AU $18.16Trending at AU $35.12
- AU $33.01Trending at AU $39.52
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $18.35
- AU $11.42Trending at AU $14.09
- AU $18.79Trending at AU $25.47
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $45.33
About this product
- DescriptionRachel Simon's historic home on a charming tree-lined street was hardly ideal. It was too small, too dark, and there was a gaping hole in the dining room ceiling. So when the house is burglarized, Rachel and her husband, Hal, agree it's time to sell. But in a difficult housing market, and with Hal being an architect, they soon realize: Why leave when they can revate?Rachel prepares herself for the disagreements and disasters that can accompany a major home revation. But what she isn't prepared for is the emotional journey that will blow open the seal around everything she thinks she kws about herself, about family, and about the misunderstandings and resilience of love. From Hal's first design sketch to the last stroke of paint, memories of a difficult childhood, friendships left behind, challenges with siblings, and an improbable path to marriage come bursting out. Once the dust settles, Rachel is astonished by the many gems revealed along the way-and comes to discover profound insights about the construction, demolition, and revation of personal connections.Featuring beloved characters from Riding the Bus with My Sister and written with Simon's signature breathtaking prose, Building a Home with My Husband is a wise and poignant reflection on love's endless possibilities and the extraordinary endurance of the human spirit.
- Author BiographyRachel Simon is the author of five books, including the bestselling memoir Riding the Bus with My Sister, the novel The Magic Touch, and the short story collection Little Nightmares, Little Dreams. Laural Merlington has recorded well over one hundred audiobooks, including works by Margaret Atwood and Alice Hoffman, and is the recipient of several AudioFile Earphones Awards. An Audie Award nominee, she has also directed over one hundred audiobooks. She has performed and directed for thirty years in theaters throughout the country. In addition to her extensive theater and voice-over work, Laural teaches college in her home state of Michigan.
- Author(s)Rachel Simon
- PublisherTantor Media, Inc
- Date of Publication03/08/2009
- SubjectMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Place of PublicationOld Saybrook, CT
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintTantor Media, Inc
- Out-of-print date04/02/2017
- Weight162 g
- Width172 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Narrator(s)Laural Merlington
- Format DetailsCD standard audio format
- Running Time540
- Edition StatementLibrary ed
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.