Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.88+ AU $3.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by rarewaves-outlet
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $34.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNow completely revised and updated, B. Allan This classic is still considered the best book ever written on making a full sized log home. This enlarged eighth edition, revised in 1997, is filled with numerous major construction improvements, and clearly shows the vice and experienced log builder how to select logs, plan both the site and financing, and then build a handsome log structure from the foundation to the ridge cap. The concept of modern log building was born 25 years ago with the first edition of Building with Logs. All who loved log homes could, for the first time, learn how to build one. With over 100,000 copies sold, this book inspired thousands of owner-built homes. Building with Logs covers: financing, the site, planning a good home, acquisition of logs, how to fall a tree and trim it, storage of logs, safety, foundations and basements, first logs and floor joists, hewing and the broad axe, cutting a round tch, sealing between the logs, setting allowance, gable ends, electrical wiring, finishing touches and much more. The author has continued to teach, design and build. His schools have trained thousands of good craftsmen, some of whom formed companies to build internationally, with the result that the world-wide standard for excellence in log building is w a Mackie log house.
- Author BiographyAllan Mackie, the author of many books on log building, is recognized around the world as one of the foremost builders of log houses. The founder of the B. Allan Mackie School of Log Building, he teaches log building not only throughout North America but also in Europe and Asia. His schools have trained thousands of good craftspeople; some of whom formed building companies internationally, with the result that the worldwide standard for excellence in log building is now a Mackie log house. His other books include Log House Plans and The Owner-Built Log House.
- Author(s)Charles Long
- PublisherRobert Rose Inc
- Date of Publication01/02/2001
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintRobert Rose Inc
- Content Note9 colour, 278 b&w photographs
- Weight386 g
- Width215 mm
- Height280 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition StatementRevised & expanded 8th ed
Best Selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $21.21New
- AU $18.80New
- AU $10.94Used
- AU $24.85New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $13.60New
- AU $6.47Used
- AU $19.97New
Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking: Be a Happy Non-smoker for the Rest of Your Life by Allen Carr (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $24.81New
- AU $11.56Used
- AU $24.00New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $18.87Trending at AU $21.21
- AU $22.97Trending at AU $26.99
- AU $18.58Trending at AU $23.86
- AU $16.80Trending at AU $18.80
- AU $62.84Trending at AU $78.06
- AU $78.96Trending at AU $90.48
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $50.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.