All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhy do some buildings stand the test of time? What makes a building unique, or groundbreaking? How do function, environment, and techlogy impact an architect's vision? These questions and more are succinctly addressed in this wide-ranging tour of 100 of the world's most important man-made structures. This compilation spans the ancient to the modern eras and represents nearly every continent. Gorgeous photographs of each building are featured in double-page spreads, which include concise texts offering fascinating histories and contextual information, as well as biographies of the architects. The book also includes a glossary at the back of the book that explains important terms. An invaluable introduction to the world of architecture, this book guides readers through every milestone of architectural triumph - be it an ancient city, modern sports arena, cathedral, or office building.
- Author BiographyIsabel Kuhl is an art and architectural historian whose many books include 50 Buildings You Should Know and Architecture: The Groundbreaking Moments (both by Prestel). Florian Heine is an art historian and photographer, and the author of Art: The Groundbreaking Moments and Photography: The Groundbreaking Moments (both by Prestel).
- Author(s)Florian Heine,Isabel Kuhl
- Date of Publication23/03/2015
- Place of PublicationMunich
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Note150
- Weight1270 g
- Width210 mm
- Height270 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $110.48
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.95
- AU $35.44Trending at AU $40.48
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $78.90
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.81
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.75
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.