All listings for this product
About this product
- Description1001 Buildings You Must See Before You Die is a visual testament to the beauty, grace, and fortitude of the world's greatest architectural achievements. Beginning in the ancient and Near East, the book explores buildings from the Byzantine and Gothic architecture of the Middle Ages through to splendid contemporary invations. The book is t only concerned with size - it also includes some of the world's most remarkable domestic buildings, such as the Mongolian yurt and houses of the American pioneers, as well as railway buildings, chapels, casis, concert halls, gentlemen's clubs, and museums, cherished often for the way they represent and capture a particular moment in history. Comprehensive and concise entries contain essential information on what is special about the buildings, their structural processes, and the social, political and geographical considerations of the architects who designed them. An aspiring visual testimony to the extraordinary creative capabilities of the architects, engineers, and builders, this book also contains information on the tools and methods they used. 1001 Buildings You Must See Before You Die is the complete companion to the outstanding architecture of the world.
- Author BiographyMark Irving has been an art and architecture writer for numerous newspapers, including The Times, the Financial Times, the Independent on Sunday, the Guardian, and Scotsman as well as magazines such as Domus, Blueprint, Prospect, Time, L'Espresso, New Statesman, and Knack Weekend. He wrote and presented FIVE's critically acclaimed three-part television series 'The Story of Art Deco', broadcast in 2003. Mark has contributed essays to numerous books and catalogues, and conceived and produced the Flip book for the Serpentine Gallery's Talks Marathon in 2006.
- Author(s)Mark Irving
- PublisherOctopus Publishing Group
- Date of Publication06/10/2016
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCassell Illustrated
- Weight1900 g
- Width165 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine63 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $204.90New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.66New
- AU $61.69Used
- AU $94.06New
- AU $102.20New
- AU $71.40New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.59
- AU $22.44Trending at AU $24.03
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.94
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $91.19
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.01
- AU $37.63Trending at AU $50.60
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.