All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Bulgaria and Europe: Shifting Identities' offers a unique analysis of Bulgaria's relationship with the European continent. Katsikas examines how Bulgarian historiography and literature over the centuries have created differing conceptions of Europe and, in the process, shaped the country's own shifting identity. Through his analysis, he provides the broader cultural context and historical perspective required in order to understand the country's EU accession process as well as its aftermath. This work ultimately addresses what has arguably been the key question facing Bulgaria in the post-Cold War period: 'Are we European?'
- Author BiographyStefanos Katsikas holds a a PhD in International Relations from the School of Slavonic and Eastern European Studies at University College London, and works as a lecturer in the Department of History, Goldsmiths, University of London. He is also a visiting lecturer in the Department of Russian and Slavonic Studies at the University of Nottingham and a Research Fellow in the Department of History and Archaeology at the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
- PublisherAnthem Press
- Date of Publication01/06/2010
- SubjectInternational Relations
- Series TitleAnthem Series on Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAnthem Press
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight590 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byStefanos Katsikas
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.50Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $43.92Trending at AU $50.20
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.85
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.