All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThousands suffer from bulimia secretly and in silence. They are never diagsed and their story goes untold. Bulimics on Bulimia is a collection of accounts by people who are living with the disorder, shedding new light on the day-to-day struggle of coping with bulimia. This book challenges the stereotypical image of the bulimic teenage girl, revealing that bulimia affects a far wider range of people, and dispelling the myth that bingeing involves only food and purging involves only vomiting. The powerful stories in this book provide new perspectives on the experience of bulimia, revealing the complex realities of the illness and the different ways in which different people view themselves and the disorder that has become a part of their lives. This book is a must-read for counselors, psychologists, and mental health professionals and will strike a chord with anyone who is suffering or has suffered from an eating disorder, as well as their friends and families.
- Author BiographyMaria Stavrou has a BSc in Psychology. She lives in London.
- PublisherJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Date of Publication15/09/2008
- SubjectCoping with Problems & Illness
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJessica Kingsley Publishers
- Weight208 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edited byMaria Stavrou
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.