Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $27.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description[Pawich] pulls off [a] daunting undertaking with astounding success . . . The storytelling is mesmerizing, with virtually every chapter set in a different timeline and focused on a single character, but the sense of immediacy carries over into each era. And while the violence is shocking in its coldhearted brutality, it s as aesthetically choreographed as any ballet. Marilyn Stasio, The New York Times Book Review Brian Pawich stamps words on the page as if they ve been blasted from the barrel of a shotgun, and as with a shotgun blast, one is safe from the scattered fragments of history that impale the people of Bull Mountain. Wiley Cash, New York Times -bestselling author of This Dark Road to Mercy From a remarkable new voice in Southern fiction, a multigenerational saga of crime, family, and vengeance. Clayton Burroughs comes from a long line of outlaws. For generations, the Burroughs clan has made its home on Bull Mountain in North Georgia, running shine, pot, and meth over six state lines, virtually untouched by the rule of law. To distance himself from his family s criminal empire, Clayton took the job of sheriff in a neighboring community to keep what peace he can. But when a federal agent with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms shows up at Clayton s office with a plan to shut down the mountain, his hidden agenda will pit brother against brother, test loyalties, and could lead Clayton down a path to self-destruction. In a sweeping narrative spanning decades and told from alternating points of view, the vel brilliantly evokes the atmosphere of the mountain and its inhabitants: forbidding, loyal, gritty, and ruthless. A story of family the lengths men will go to protect it, hor it, or in some cases destroy it Bull Mountain is an incredibly assured debut that heralds a major new talent in fiction.
- Author BiographyBrian Panowich was a touring musician for twelve years before settling in East Georgia with his family. He now works full-time as a firefighter. Bull Mountain is his first novel.
- Author(s)Brian Panowich
- PublisherG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Date of Publication07/07/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintG.P. Putnam's Sons
- Weight499 g
- Width163 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
Best-selling in Fiction Books
- AU $31.01New
- AU $86.25New
- AU $21.56New
- AU $43.88New
- AU $23.51New
- AU $25.04New
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $24.48Trending at AU $31.01
- AU $76.69Trending at AU $86.23
- AU $74.55Trending at AU $83.16
- AU $59.72Trending at AU $61.86
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $20.85
- AU $22.27Trending at AU $22.91
- AU $10.68Trending at AU $18.69
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.