All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn the early 2000s, a few small ex-mining towns around the South Wales valleys became an unlikely hotbed for some of the most exciting new rock and metal bands in the world. Following on from the vanguard of Lostprophets and Funeral for a Friend, four childhood friends formed Bullet for My Valentine and ultimately became the scene's largest export, taking their music from the crumbling church in which they used to rehearse to stadiums and festivals all around the world. Combining the ferocious riffs and militaristic drums of eighties thrash with an undeniable pop sensibility, Bullet for My Valentine have gone on to sell millions of records worldwide. From the incendiary fury of their breakout debut The Poison to the arena-tuned anthems of Fever - and with fifth album Vem released in August 2015 - the quartet have become the biggest British metal band since Iron Maiden. Scream, Aim, Conquer traces their story, from their formation in Bridgend through to their formative years in the music scene; from the crisis that almost ended the band's career early to the glorious highs of sell-out hometown shows; from the sleepy valleys of Wales to a seat at the table of heavy metal legends.
- Author BiographyBen Welch is an award-winning short film director and the author of Paramore: Grace.
- Author(s)Ben Welch
- PublisherJohn Blake Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication04/02/2016
- SubjectBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMusic Press Books
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $31.00Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.